The International School of Como is an IB World School catering for students aged 3 to 18 designed to meet the needs of local and expatriate children. The school accepts children without discrimination of gender, race, religion or nationality.
The final decision on acceptance and placement is taken by the Principal based on the following:
- Reports and records from previous schools
- The potential of the applicant to benefit from the programmes and educational services available
- The capacity of the school to meet the educational needs of the applicant
- Students with diagnosed learning or behavioural issues will only be considered for admission following evaluations by the school’s support services and an agreement with the family regarding the provision of any individual support which needs to be funded by the family in accordance with the Inclusion Policy
- We will consider students from international families who are not proficient in English if we feel that over their projected time at ISM the student will be able to follow IB Diploma
- Kindergarten - 3 years old (on or before December 31st).
- Transition - 4 years old (on or before December 31st).
- Grade 1 - 5 years old (on or before December 31st).
- Grade 2 - 6 years old (on or before December 31st).
- Grade 3 - 7 years old (on or before December 31st).
- Grade 4 - 8 years old.
- Grade 5 - 9 years old.
- Grade 6 - 10 years old.
Where we are in doubt about the suitability of our programmes for any applicant we occasionally admit students on a trial basis. In this case the targets and criteria for success will be clearly identified in writing before admission. The aim of the trial is to give a specific period to assess whether the student can be successful at ISComo, ensuring that the trial is also short enough for him/her to transfer elsewhere if we find that our system is not appropriate for the student concerned.
Fill in our contact form or call 800 590708 (from Italy) or +39 0239267749 (outside Italy).
If places are available, a student may be admitted to the school at any time during the school year except as stated in Grade 12 and Grade 13.
The school reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant if the school cannot meet the applicant’s educational needs or to postpone admission if a class is full. In this case, the applicant will be placed on a waiting list.
Please follow the procedure outlined below in order to assist us in processing your application. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance.
Please complete and send the following required documentation for each applicant:
- The application form.
- Photocopy of the child’s birth certificate or passport.
- The school reports for the last two years.
- Confidential teacher reference (to be emailed/faxed directly from the teacher to IS Modena).
- The results of any special academic or psychological evaluations.
- Any other relevant educational documents.
- Vaccination/immunization record (Please note: Italian law requires all children attending school to provide a current and up to date vaccination record before entering school).
- Admission to IS Modena will be granted after all required supporting documentation has been received by the school.
The school office will acknowledge receipt of your application form and other documents.
Parents and students are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to enrolment. If this is not possible due to geographical restraints, a phone interview between the Principal and the parents will be arranged.
We also strongly encourage all incoming students from Grade 1 upwards, to spend a half-day in their future class on a trial basis. Choosing the best school for your child is an important decision and all interested parties (parents, student and the school) must be sure it is the right decision.
Book a School Tour