For Secondary Students in G7-G13:
The primary portals for interaction will be ManageBac which all Secondary students already have access to and Blue Jeans which is a Skype/Zoom piece of software that allows a link to be sent and hold a class with multiple participants.
To use Bluejeans, teachers will send a link and code to students on Managebac and students need only click on this link and enter the code at the appropriate time to enter the online classroom.
The usual school timetable for each grade will be in effect from 8:40 to 15:50.
Expectations for learning – Secondary School (IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes)
MYP – Grades 7-13
1. Learning will proceed according to the existing Secondary School timetable in the form of online lessons, readings and tasks posted on ManageBac.
2. Each teacher will set up work for their class on ManageBac up to 5 minutes before the beginning of each timetabled lesson for that class.
3. Students will be expected to provide some feedback on work done in that lesson, so that teachers can monitor learning. All student work should be submitted on ManageBac by the deadline.
4. Each teacher will have an online conference call with each of their classes during the course of the week and during their regular lesson time.
- This will be done through the conference call system called “Bluejeans”.
- The time and instructions for the online live call will be communicated to students through ManageBac.
5. During the suspension of classes this week, teachers will be available for students to contact them with requests and queries for feedback from 8:30 to 15:30, Tuesday to Friday via email and Managebac.
6. If students fail to complete online engagements for sessions where they are present, teachers will as usual record this as ‘N/A’ (which will regrettably be counted as a ‘zero’ again as is our usual practice).
7. At present internal Diploma deadlines remain unchanged, and teachers will offer online support to Diploma students completing their Internal Assessment and any other form of coursework.
It is essential that all students, especially those in DP examination classes, engage fully with the learning experiences provided by their teachers. It is recommended that students be in a quiet space at home with their devices connected to the correct platforms from 08:30-15:30 (albeit taking the usual breaks of course).